Tis the season for events! My 40 Ways to Holiday guide features at least one seasonal event you can do every day from Thanksgiving Day through New Years Day. Check it out here.
Saturday, December 2 has more than one thing to check out. Here are 13 events happening! More festivities are being added, too — click here to discover the latest. Did I miss something? Use the contact form below and let me know!
I was on KSTP’s Twin Cities Live to present a guide of what’s happening November 30 – December 3! Click here for quick links to the events featured in this video.
- You can sample the winning cookies of the StarTribune’s Annual Holiday Cookie Contest at Mill City Museum in Minneapolis from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. A program will start at 12:30 p.m. Attendees will also be able to vote for a visitor’s choice award that’ll be presented. The winner and runners-up for the StarTribune’s Cookie Contest are announced in the paper November 30.
- It’s liveliest weekend of the year at the American Swedish Institute (ASI) in Minneapolis. Julmarknad is a Christmas market with more than 40 local artists selling jewelry, glass, clothing, wood and other unique items. ASI’s own gift shop will be open as well. The restaurant at ASI, FIKA, will have a special menu and a bake sale will also take place. If you haven’t checked out the mansion, the holidays are a great time to walk through, and it’s bound to give you inspiration for decorating your own home for the season. Tickets are $10 for adults and includes admission to the museum. Julmarknad runs today from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and on Sunday, December 3 from 12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- The American Craft Council will have 60 of Minnesota’s top artists in one spot today. Their Holiday Craft Hop takes place from 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the historic Grain Belt Brew House in Northeast Minneapolis. Those who attend will receive a code for 50% off tickets to the Craft Council’s biggest event of the year, the American Craft Show, which is held in April in downtown Saint Paul.
- Downtown Stillwater is celebrating the holidays with free coffee, cocoa and cookies during their Twinkle Party on December 2nd from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Kids 12 and under will receive free twinkle lights while supplies last. The afternoon include special appearances the Teddy Bear Band and Santa!
- It’s the last day to shop from 75 vendors during the annual Holiday Bazaar at the Landmark Center in Saint Paul. Learn more.
- Today is the first day of the Twin Cities Largest Tea Party. Learn more.
- It’s Christmastime in Excelsior. You can go on a horse drawn carriage ride, take the kids to a free movie, and sit down for a community chili dinner. Festivities start at 9:30 a.m. today and go until the afterparty ends at Excelsior Brewing Company.
- It doesn’t scream season’s greetings, but Monster Jam takes place tonight at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis. And I’m giving away tickets, along with pit passes to get you on the course, on my website. The deadline to enter is Sunday, November 26.
- It’s the opening weekend of Youth Performance Company’s production of “Narnia,” based on the C.S. Lewis’ “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.” Shows run through December 17 and tickets are only $7 – 15. Performances take place inside the Howard Conn Performing Arts Center just south of Downtown Minneapolis. “Narnia” is recommended for kids third grade and up.
- Get a family photo, see a show and make crafts at the Hopkins Center for the Arts. Stages Theatre Company will host its annual Snowball Winter Gala at 2:00 p.m. The family-friendly event includes a performance of their current show, “Beauty and the Beast Jr.” Tickets are $50 and the emcee for the afternoon is my good friend, Kelli Hanson from KSTP’s Twin Cities Live.
- Nothing says happy holidays more than corgi races! Head to the Warner Coliseum at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds today and tomorrow for a big puppy play date.
- Beer Choir Twin Cities hosts a Holiday Night Market at 56 Brewing in Northeast Minneapolis. The venue is dog-friendly inside and out.
- You and your four-legged friend can enjoy brunch together and take a photo with Santa today from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Restaurant ninetwentyfive inside the Hotel Landing in Wayzata. The new hotel is pet-friendly if you’re looking for a staycation spot but don’t want to leave your pup behind.
How to bet at a Kentucky Derby watch party
3 cricket betting apps worth downloading on your phone
Add your display to the 2022 Minnesota Holiday Lights Display Guide