The best ways to get to the State Fair
Make sure to plan ahead for how you’ll get to the Minnesota State Fair. I was on KSTP’s Twin Cities Live with advice.
- There are over 30 free park and ride lots are near the Fairgrounds. Be careful: they fill up fast. Check the State Fair’s Twitter page before you head out to see if your go-to lot is full.
- There are 20 express stations around the Twin Cities. Note not every single route runs daily.
- These trips are $5 roundtrip.
- They are cash only — however, you can download Metro Transit’s free app and use it to buy your ticket via PayPal or credit card. Plus, you save $.50 a ticket!
- You can park on the Fairgrounds, but it’s not recommended. And it’s $14. They only take cash.
- If you have a motorcycle, use it! Motorcycle parking in the lot south of Como Avenue is $8. If you park your hog elsewhere at the Fairgrounds, it’s $14.
- Uber and Lyft are offering discounts to new users looking to go to the Fair. Find those promo codes here.