Give Me The Mike’s Best of Minnesota guides are presented by HomeLight
There is something special about perusing the aisles and shelves of a peaceful, welcoming bookstore. The staff are intellectual and they offer fantastic suggestions.
That is always better than scrolling though suggestions from some random in Birmingham who posted their hot takes as an Amazon review.
I took to my Facebook page, and asked people on Reddit, to learn what bookstores are the best in the Twin Cities. I divided the selections by genre. A note: there is not a used books section as many of these stores sell and accept used books.
If you have a recommendation that is not listed, let me know by filling out the comment form at the bottom of this page.
All genres, new print
3038 Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis 55408
38 Snelling Avenue S, Saint Paul 55105
314 Division Street S, Northfield 55057
320 Bush Street #2526, Red Wing 55066
3032 Minnehaha Avenue, Minneapolis 55406
Rare, Out of Print Books
1316 Fourth Street SE Unit 201, Minneapolis 55414
1579 University Avenue W, Saint Paul 55104
114 Buchanan Street N, Cambridge 55008
Their building in Minneapolis was burned down following the death of George Floyd. They have a crowdfunding campaign with the goal to rebuild.
2301 E 38th Street, Minneapolis 55406
604 W 26th Street, Minneapolis 55405
301 Cedar Avenue, Minneapolis 55454
6 W Fifth Street, Saint Paul 55102
891 Grand Avenue, Saint Paul 55105
2720 W 43rd Street, Minneapolis 55410
2836 Lyndale Avenue S, Minneapolis 55408
2115 W 21st Street, Minneapolis 55405
Did you enjoy this roundup of the favorite bookstores in the Twin Cities? Check out my other Best of Minnesota Guides
- 5 best places to play bingo in Minnesota
- 5 best meat raffles in Minnesota
- Hidden gems at the 5 best museums in Minnesota
- 20 Mexican restaurants in Minnesota worth the trip
- The best ice cream shops in Minnesota
- The best restaurant, brewery and winery patios in Minnesota
- 17 best restaurants for breakfast in Minnesota
- 5 best bakeries in Minnesota
- 5 best holiday light displays in Minnesota
- 5 best coffee shops in Minnesota
- 5 best pizzerias in Minnesota
- 7 top spots for a margarita in the Twin Cities
New to Give Me The Mike?
Don’t miss another Minnesota top 5 guide! Receive new posts from Give Me The Mike in your inbox.