The 2020 Minnesota State Fair may be canceled, but the Great Minnesota Get Together is giving you the opportunity to bring a piece of the State Fair home.
Through the month of July, you are able to buy sleeves of recyclable cups to use at the cabin or on the patio.
I stopped by the Fairgrounds to purchase two sleeves, and the process is extremely easy. There was no line when I visited, although there was a steady flow of customers. Since they are only selling one product (in three sizes), it’s easy to make a transaction.
Here’s what you need to know before you go
- Cups come in sleeves of 50, and are available in three sizes:
- 12 ounce cups ($12 per sleeve)
- 16 ounce cups ($14 per sleeve)
- 20 ounce cups ($16 per sleeve)
- There is a limit of two sleeves per person.
- They can be purchased by cash or check only. There is an ATM in the office.
- The cups are on sale in the Admin Too building. If you’re familiar with the Fairgrounds, it’s across from the Leinie Lodge Bandshell, near the Space Tower. Free parking is available on the street. The exact address: 1312 Cosgrove Street, St. Paul 55108.
- When I visited, the entrances to the Fairgrounds from Como Avenue were closed. The only way to enter the Fairgrounds was from Gate 5, the Main Gate on Snelling Avenue.
Cups are only available on select Tuesdays & Fridays:
- Tuesdays: July 14, 21 & 28 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Fridays: July 10, 17, 24 & 31 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
More information is available on the Minnesota State Fair’s website.
The 2021 Minnesota State Fair takes place August 26 through September 6, 2021.
1 thought on “You can buy sleeves of Minnesota State Fair cups for use at home”