In 2017, there are exactly 40 days from Thanksgiving Day to New Years Day. And with the elimination of the eighth floor display at Macy’s in downtown Minneapolis and Holiday Lights in the Park in Saint Paul, along with the disappointing change from tradition at Holidazzle, more people than ever are looking for new holiday activities. Enter “40 Ways to Holiday.” Each day between November 23 and January 1 will have at least one event worth checking out, along with plenty of giveaways along the way! Find the full list of days here.
Day 2: Happy Black Friday!
Featured pick: Pop-Up Taproom in Maple Grove
If your family is divided on whether you should shop or relax with an adult beverage on Black Friday, The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove have a solution!
They’re teaming up with OMNI Brewing Co. (a Maple Grove brewery) to create a pop-up taproom! The first 50 people to arrive (starting at 8:00 a.m.) get a free pint. In addition to the brews, they’ll have music and games throughout the day. Growlers will also be available for purchase for those who prefer their gifts in liquid form. The pop-up brewery will be right next to H&M.
Pop-up Brewery at The Shoppes of Arbor Lakes
Friday, November 24
8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Avoid crowds at the malls: Can Can Wonderland is open Black Friday to keep you entertained. The indoor mini golf course in Saint Paul is a blast, and it’s fun for all ages. They have old-school arcade games, food, and a wide, crazy fun array of adult beverages thanks to the genius team at Bittercube.
- GIVEAWAY: One lucky person will get $50 in gift cards to Can Can Wonderland on my Facebook page! Enter by commenting on this post. The deadline for your chance to win is Wednesday, November 22 at 9:00 p.m.
- Shop local: the old Schmidt Brewery on West Seventh Street in Saint Paul is hosting a three-day market starting today. It’s free and street parking is easy to find.
- Enjoy brunch on a weekday: get your full day of shopping off to a flying start with a good meal. Every Red Cow restaurant (50th & France, Saint Paul Cathedral Hill, Uptown and North Loop) will open starting at 9:00 a.m. for brunch. Even better, the first 50 customers will get a gift card that’ll range from $5-100. Oh, make sure to get the French fries!
- HEADS UP: I am giving away a $50 Red Cow gift card on my Facebook page on Black Friday! Make sure to like my page so you don’t miss out.
How to bet at a Kentucky Derby watch party
3 cricket betting apps worth downloading on your phone
Add your display to the 2022 Minnesota Holiday Lights Display Guide