In 2017, there are exactly 40 days from Thanksgiving Day to New Years Day. And with the elimination of the eighth floor display at Macy’s in downtown Minneapolis and Holiday Lights in the Park in Saint Paul, along with the disappointing change from tradition at Holidazzle, more people than ever are looking for new holiday activities. Enter “40 Ways to Holiday.” Each day between November 23 and January 1 will have at least one event worth checking out, along with plenty of giveaways along the way! Find the full list of days here.
Day 25: Sunday, December 17
Featured pick: Story Time with Santa
Santa is taking time of his busy schedule making toys to meet good little boys and girls! It’s happening today from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the newly renovated Hilton Minneapolis. In addition to story time, kiddos can enjoy holiday cookies, warm cider and hot cocoa. Plus, there’s craft time! Each child will create their very own holiday-themed picture frame which will feature a photo of them with Santa. And for $5 for kids ages 5 to 12 years old, this is a great event!
If you’re seeing this before December 9th, you’re in luck! I’m giving away an overnight stay to the Hilton Minneapolis! Click here to enter.
Story Time with Santa
Sunday, December 17 (also Sunday, December 10)
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
$10 ages 12 and over, $5 ages 5 to 12, under 5 free
- The 150 young men which make up the Minnesota Boychoir will perform a free holiday concert tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Ted Mann Concert Hall on the University of Minnesota campus. I serve on the Boychoir’s Board of Directors, so I might be a bit biased, but this choir has something special. Over its 56 year history, the choir has headlined a concert in the Sydney Opera House, performed in St. Peter’s Basilica at The Vatican, and sang on “A Prairie Home Companion” on National Public Radio.
- If you stretched out the lights used on The Winery at Sovereign Estate’s Spirit of Winter display, it would go for over eight miles. The Waconia vineyard decorates 10 acres with animated displays set to synchronized music. Make sure to buy tickets in advance online. Learn more.
- Today’s your last chance to see the 30th annual production of The Classic Nutcracker by Ballet Minnesota at The O’Shaughnessy on the St. Catherine University campus. Learn more.
- You can ski with Santa at Afton Alps! He’s taking a break from making toys to race down the hill with you from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Specialty hot toddies and cocktails will be served inside.
- GIVEAWAY: Receive two lift tickets to attend Ski with Santa along with a $25 gift card to spend on lunch! It’s a one-day contest you don’t want to miss — check my Facebook page on Tuesday, December 12.
- Former NFL player and Hastings native Ben Utecht performs the hits of Andy Williams with a 60-piece orchestra today at the Ames Center in Burnsville. Believe it. The concert begins at 4:00 p.m.
- Hear the great-great grandson of the man behind “A Christmas Carol,” Charles Dickens, perform it in an intimate setting tonight in Minneapolis. Gerald Dickens stars in an one-man show at the Aster Cafe in Minneapolis. Showtime is 7:30 p.m. and tickets are only $25. Learn more.