The best comedy clubs in Minnesota
I was on KSTP-TV’s Twin Cities Live with a roundup of the best places for standup and improv comedy in Minnesota.
- Acme Comedy Company
- North Loop neighborhood of Minneapolis
- Monday is Open Mic Night — admission is free!
- Plan a bit of time to find parking on the street; download the Minneapolis parking app so you can pay from your phone and get alerts when your meter is about to expire
- HUGE Improv Theater
- Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis
- Improv comedy 6 nights a week (closed Tuesdays)
- Tickets are usually $10, with some shows ‘pay what you like’
- Cinema Grill
- New Hope
- Check the schedule in advance as they don’t always have a show
- Big names go through the community of New Hope — Todd Bridges, Ben Bailey (“Cash Cab”)
- Stevie Ray’s Comedy Cabaret
- Inside the Chanhassen Dinner Theatres, Chanhassen
- Shows Friday and Saturday nights
- Similar format to “Whose Line is it Anyway?”
- If you’re celebrating a birthday or anniversary, make sure to let the troupe know!
Have a suggestion for a great comedy club in Minnesota? Let me know!