Give Me The Mike’s Best of Minnesota Guides are presented by the Desrochers Realty Group and eXp Realty
I was on KSTP-TV’s Twin Cities Live with a roundup of the best places for standup and improv comedy in Minnesota.
North Loop neighborhood of Minneapolis
Monday is Open Mic Night — admission is free!
Plan a bit of time to find parking on the street; download the Minneapolis parking app so you can pay from your phone and get alerts when your meter is about to expire
Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis
Improv comedy 6 nights a week (closed Tuesdays)
Tickets are usually $10, with some shows ‘pay what you like’
Check the schedule in advance as they don’t always have a show
Big names go through the community of New Hope — Todd Bridges, Ben Bailey (“Cash Cab”)
Inside the Chanhassen Dinner Theatres, Chanhassen
Shows Friday and Saturday nights
Similar format to “Whose Line is it Anyway?”
If you’re celebrating a birthday or anniversary, make sure to let the troupe know!
Brave New Workshop (sketch and improv comedy), Downtown Minneapolis
Mixed Blood Theatre, Cedar-Riverside neighborhood of Minneapolis
Check out my other roundups of what’s ‘Worth the Trip’
- 5 best places to play bingo in Minnesota
- The 5 best meat raffles in Minnesota
- The 5 best restaurants for fried fish in Minnesota
- Hidden gems at the 5 best museums in Minnesota
- 20 Mexican restaurants in Minnesota worth the trip
- The best ice cream shops in Minnesota
- The 17 best restaurants for breakfast in Minnesota
- The 5 best bakeries in Minnesota
- The 5 best holiday light displays in Minnesota
- The 5 best coffee shops in Minnesota
- The best pizzerias in Minnesota
New to Give Me The Mike?