If you’re looking for a unique dinner experience that will support six Twin Cities restaurants and businesses, you’ll want to participate in Cochon555.
On Thursday, September 10, six Twin Cities chefs will prepare a six course dinner that you can pick up and enjoy from home. That evening, you’ll be invited to a Zoom experience with the chefs who will share expert plating instructions and cooking techniques. They will also answer any questions you may have.
Meals cost $115 per person and can be picked up on September 10 at St. Genevieve in Minneapolis. In addition to the six courses, you also receive a bottle of wine. You can order your Carry Out With Cochon dinner by clicking here.
Prix fixe menu
- Crispy Pork Belly Glazed in a Crab Caramel, Rice, Chilies, Lime and Cilantro
- Cambodian Pork Gyoza: Kaw Sach Chrouk, Egg, Black Pepper Soy Glaze, Herb Slaw
- Pozole: Hominy, Oregano, Braised Pork, Green Cabbage
- Pork Steak Adobado with Frijoles Charros
- Roasted Red and Chioggia Beets, Haralson Apple, Celery, Walnut, Arugula, Feta, Dill
- Almond Opera Cake: Smoked Lardo Brown Butter Buttercream, White Chocolate Ganache, Mission Fig, Burnt Pecan Meringue
- Chandra Walbot, Union Hmong Kitchen
- Steven Brown, Saint Genevieve
- Karyn Tomlinson, formerly of Corner Table
- Jorge Guzman, Petite Leon
- Jametta Raspberry, House of Gristle
- Jose Alarcon, ViV!r
Cochon555 is a national event, stopping in Minneapolis every year. Cochon, which is the French word for pig, celebrates heritage pork dishes. Chefs are challenged to use pork in creative ways, and the results are spectacular. I’ve had the honor of attending Cochon555 multiple times, and it’s a fun event.
Typically, one chef from the Minneapolis event heads to a national Cochon555 competition. In 2018, Tomlinson won the Grand Cochon contest.
Learn more about Carry Out With Cochon, happening Thursday, September 10, by clicking here.
Also on Give Me The Mike…